30.1.08

NaNoo, NaNoo!

Wow! What a busy month we've had here at the Lion. If anyone is wondering why I have giant blue circles under my puffy eyes...No; I didn't walk into the door again, thank you--I've just been running on an average of 2 hours of sleep per night for the last few weeks. Here are a few photos from last week's shennanigans at the bookshop.

I'll update this post with further pics as they are sent to me, but for now, enjoy:

We had some great discussions about the recent UFO sightings. Good company, good conversation, great chips and hot sauce (Thank you, Santa Fe County Taco Company!).

We are still accepting first-hand accounts of mysterious local phenoma for our Erath county section of the Lone Star Library; whether it happened last night or 50 years ago, please add your experience to the archives.






Author Forrest Jackson visited our bookstore. We still have for sale here a couple signed copies of his books, Cosmic Suicide: The Tragedy and Transcendence of Heaven's Gate, and Three Myths of Gods, Devils and Beasts. Thank you, Forrest!














This fellow was delighted because he was able to find copies of Where the Red Fern Grows and Lysistrata for under a dollar each here at the Lion. I believe his exact response to the find was, "oOOOOOOoooo!"







An alien culture pow-wow, here:
















And, last but not least, my very favorite prop, ever, for inciting spontaneous recitations of Hamlet:




That's all, folks! Keep the photos coming!

No comments: